This weekend I took a break from bookstagram. I logged out of my account so that I wouldn’t get notifications and just focused on things that made me happy this weekend.
While I love bookstagram and the community, it can be tiring at times. Bookstagram is a lot of work and sometimes negativity likes to sneak its way in. By the time the weekend rolled around I was exhausted from every day things in my life and on social media and needed time to take care of myself.
After a weekend away, I felt great. Here’s a couple of things I accomplished:
- Finished Other People’s Houses
- Saw A Quiet Place (and loved it!)
- Finished season 2 of A Series of Unfortunate Events (and can’t wait for season 3)
- Worked out multiple times with my boyfriend
- Visited my sister at work and had a pretty great BBQ chicken pizza
None of these are major things, but they were things I wanted to do and could do without interruption or worry about social media.
After this weekend, I might take more breaks from bookstagram and focus on taking care of myself (and worry less about how other people are perceiving me). It really did help with my mental health (and, saying this mostly for myself, there is no shame is taking a break from something no matter how positive it usually is).